Author Topic: I don't know where to go/what I'm doing  (Read 1514 times)

on: February 28, 2021, 06:28:03 PM
I saw somewhere that you send $500 to the bank and you get a foundation animal, but how does that work? I've sent the bank account/place $500 twice, but have no idea if I received anything in return, or where to go to find out what I got.

Offline Ray

• $18109895
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ray
    • View Profile
    • Sunset Creek
  • 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat BIS Winner 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat BIS Winner : 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat BIS Winner
    2021-1 Show Standards Annual Cat SEC 2021-1 Show Standards Annual Cat SEC :
  • 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat BIS Winner 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat BIS Winner : 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat BIS Winner
    2021-1 Show Standards Annual Cat SEC 2021-1 Show Standards Annual Cat SEC :
Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 08:25:20 PM
Hey, Ray here!

When you send money to the bank the animal you made is created and you put it down in your records. You don't get given anything :)
Like this is my website https://fakesunsetcreek.weebly.com which has all the animals I have brought, bred or made!

Does that help?

Offline Tia

• Superstar
  • $30980
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Tia
    • View Profile
  • 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse BIS Winner 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse BIS Winner : 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse BIS Winner
    2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat RBIS Winner 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat RBIS Winner : 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat RBIS Winner
    2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat SEC 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat SEC : 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat Supreme Event Champion
    2020-2 Cat Leaderboard First Place 2020-2 Cat Leaderboard First Place : 2020-2 Cat Leaderboard First Place
  • 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse BIS Winner 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse BIS Winner : 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse BIS Winner
    2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat RBIS Winner 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat RBIS Winner : 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat RBIS Winner
    2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat SEC 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat SEC : 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Cat Supreme Event Champion
    2020-2 Cat Leaderboard First Place 2020-2 Cat Leaderboard First Place : 2020-2 Cat Leaderboard First Place
Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 05:59:19 AM
I saw somewhere that you send $500 to the bank and you get a foundation animal, but how does that work? I've sent the bank account/place $500 twice, but have no idea if I received anything in return, or where to go to find out what I got.

Hey there!

so unlike automated games you don't just get the animal right away, we actually allow you to create them yourself! Once you've sent off your $500, you can go to Registration Office and start that process. I do suggest reading the about the registry and then going to the Animal registration templates, grab the one for foundation animals and simple make a thread with your establishment name in the title, and fill in the form. A mod will then register them in their specific species/breed board and you're good to go! You can have them health tested, breed them, show them, whatever you're interested in doing.

I do highly suggest either building a website or spreadsheets, something like that to keep track of everything though, just to make it easier.

Also, since you sent off the $500 twice, you have two animals you can create ^^

I would also suggest joining the discord if you have it, we're really active over there and there is usually always someone around to answer questions if the need should arise!

~Tia

Offline Vienna Raine

• $1183245
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Vienna Raine
    • View Profile
    • Evolution Icelandics
  • 2021-1 Horse Leaderboard First Place 2021-1 Horse Leaderboard First Place : 2021-1 Horse Leaderboard First Place
    2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse SEC 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse SEC : 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse Supreme Event Champion
    2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse Runner Up SEC 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse Runner Up SEC : 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse Runner Up Supreme Event Champion
    2020-2 Dog Leaderboard Second Place 2020-2 Dog Leaderboard Second Place : 2020-2 Dog Leaderboard Second Place
  • 2021-1 Horse Leaderboard First Place 2021-1 Horse Leaderboard First Place : 2021-1 Horse Leaderboard First Place
    2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse SEC 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse SEC : 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse Supreme Event Champion
    2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse Runner Up SEC 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse Runner Up SEC : 2020-2 Show Standards Annual Horse Runner Up Supreme Event Champion
    2020-2 Dog Leaderboard Second Place 2020-2 Dog Leaderboard Second Place : 2020-2 Dog Leaderboard Second Place
Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 06:10:13 AM
Hello!

First, welcome to Show Standards!

I would strongly urge you to check out our quick start guide. I will try to break it down here, too, though.

Show Standards is forum-based, so nothing is truly automated here. Everything that happens has to be initiated by a member in some form. This means that in order to get your created animal, you have to, well, create it! Sending to the bank merely pays for it :) The steps for actually creating it are pretty easy.
  • Go to the Registration Office and create a new thread for your establishment. This is where all of your registrations will go for new foundation animals and anything you breed, etc. Check out the other other topics there if you want a better idea of how to set it up.
  • Go to the Animal Registration Templates thread and copy the form for Created Animals (top one). There's also a bit more info on that page about how to fill out the forms and how registration works.
  • Next you'll want to paste that form into your establishment's registration thread that you made in step one.
  • Fill it out with the desired information! Anything you leave blank will be randomly selected when staff actually registers the animal.
  • In the future, you'll generally want to get your forms all posted and then send payment. Or you can do it the other way around. As long as you have the form and the payment in some fashion, you're set.

Once the form is filled out and you've posted it in your establishment's registration thread, it's been "created". Now you will just need to wait for staff to actually "register" it so that it can be shown. I would strongly urge you to check out the other boards and threads to get a feel for how things run. It's super simple once you get the hang of it, but there can be a bit of a learning curve if you've never done this style of sim game before, like I hadn't :)

If you have other questions, please let us know! We also strongly encourage you to join the Discord if you can. There's usually someone on there just about 24/7 since many of us check it from our phones, so we can help you much faster.